Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Driftwood Fat Tug IPA

A new product from this upstart brewery that I was introduced to last year.  This is the second IPA I have tried from them and I liked them both but this one was the best of the two.  I first tried their Wet Hopped Satori Harvest Ale before I started this blog.  This one pours a golden straw colour that is surprisingly clear.  it has a wonderful hop aroma that doesn't transfer to the flavor as expected.  I felt that the first sip had a nice west coast IPA start but this one has a little more malt making it a refreshing change from the typical in your face IPA's.  It packs a relatively mild ABV of 7% and a IBU of 80 so it has a mild punch.  This would be a good beer to introduce a newcomer to the IPA genres of beers.  As this will be a permanent addition to there rotation It will be a regular in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment