Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Howe Sound Total Eclipse of the Hop Imperial IPA

Howe Sound Brewing is one of my favorite local brewery's that is willing to take some risks good or bad.  While I generally like most of there products this one was just average and well below the high standards I have come to associate with the many diffrent products I have tried. 

It pours a nice thick whitish head and smells quite fruity and satisfying.  This beer comes with a ABV of 8% and a high IBU of 90 which is quite high for a IPA.  This is where this beer falls flat, it is just missing balance between the 6 different variety's of hops used and they seem to fight each other affecting the overall flavor.  Maybe I have been spoiled by the recent IPA's I tried in Oregon but this one just doesn't crank my turn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment