Saturday, December 11, 2010

Moose Drool

I tried this beer a few years ago while at my favorite restaurant in Vegas and I really liked it then even though I felt it was way over priced for the amount received.  Well one of my colleagues brought me one into work a few weeks back to give a try so here you go.  This one pours a little thin on the head front which is surprising as I found it a little heavy on the carbonation.  It comes in a nice dark brown with a decent hop to mellow out the sweetness. I really like this beer a lot, I have since seen it on a few trips down to the states for golf so I'll be sure to pick some more up in the future.

While double checking some stats on this beer it reminded me of a debate about alcohol content and that American beers are weaker than Canadian beers.  They are generally both the same but have different numbers on the label that would lead you to believe one is weaker than the other.  They are just measured in different ways.  As an example this beer is a  4.2% by weight (American way) or a 5.2% by volume (Canadian way) . So as you can see this sorta blows the myth that you are not getting as much alcohol in your Bud in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment