Friday, December 31, 2010

Half Pints Humulus Ludicrous Imperial IPA

Lets get this out of the way.  Why did you put a thin cheap wax seal over the cap.  This just crumbles and get into the beer while you pour it.  Spend the money and use a thicker wax so I don't have to constantly pick pieces of wax out of my mouth while drinking your beer.

Now that I have gotten that off my chest I really liked this beer. It poured a nice caramel color, with a very white head that dissipates quickly.  It tastes a lot of a caramel & melon a bit of a different IPA flavor.  It packs a punch of 8% ABV with a IBU of over 100 even though I didn't register this beer to be that high.  They did a great job of hiding the bitterness with a higher than normal malt background.   I would love to give this beer another try just hold the wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment