Monday, December 13, 2010

Skookum Cascadian Brown Ale

I'll get this out of the way right off the top.  This beer is a rock star in my personal opinion.  I first had this during last years Stanley Cup Playoffs as my Flyers went on a magical run losing in game six of the finals, as they were winning I had to keep drinking this beer (superstitious fans).  This is a relatively new style developed in the past few years that is sort of a cross between an IPA and a dark ale and it's a match made in a hop lovers heaven.   This one pours a dark almost black brown with a nice thick khaki head that hangs out nicely.  It has a really nice mouth  feel with a nice juniper  sage fresh hop taste.  It has a relatively low ABV of  6.5% for this style that seem to be a little more beefy in the alcohol content.  It has remained a constant in my fridge and hop that it will continue to be a regular in Phillips rotation.

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up a bottle of this Skookum on your recommendation. Looking forward to giving it a taste.

    ReplyDelete