Friday, October 29, 2010

Fernie Brewing Company What The Huck





So here I go I simply do not like fruit flavored beers. But I kept seeing this in the store and it kept calling me over with it's impressive packaging.  I had also heard some good things from others that this was a good product.  So it finally made it into my basket.  Huckleberries are a berry grown in the rocky mountains and are known for there deep purple color and sweetness. Well the guys at Fernie Brewing Co. decided to mix them into there Belgian wheat beer and I honestly think they did a good job (open mind here).  I should have tried this over the summer when it was warmer out as this would have been quite refreshing.  It pours a muted brown with a murky purplish tinge.  Sort of an off putting colour to a beer guy but with everything mixed together it's what you get.  It has the mouth feel of a typical wheat beer sweet with very little hops present.  I will give this beer another shot next summer on a hot day.  I would recommend this beer to anybody who likes wheat beers or subtly flavored fruit beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment