Thursday, October 28, 2010

New Belgium Ranger IPA

I like getting surprised.  I was off playing golf yesterday at Point Roberts Golf Club just over the border.  While at the turn I stopped in for a beer for the back nine.  They are known for having a pretty good rotation of draft.  So I have the option of a Blue Moon Wheat which I've had many times and enjoy on a hot day, or a Mirror Pond Pale Ale not a bad second choice and Ranger IPA and its never going to be a choice for me when I see the IPA sign I'm sold.  The bartender starts pouring my beer into a jug and it's all foam.  It takes close to 5 minutes to get my beer into a plastic beer glass for the back nine.  Fist sip and I'm hooked.  Big citrus notes with a really great balance of fruit from the three different hops used.  Only negative was the beer was a touch flat due to the poor pouring at the bar.  I will be on the lookout for this in bottles so I can give a proper review in the future.  Let me know if you see this beer anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment