Friday, October 29, 2010

Ninkasi Brewing Co. Believer Double Red Ale

Another Product I discovered on my Oregon golf trip.  I tried a different one called the Tricerahops IPA and it was lovely but I tried it at the beginning of our trip so I can't review it now.   So as I was on the hunt for my wife's favorite hot chocolate in Point Roberts early this week I saw this bad boy sitting on the shelf along with a few others to be reviewed later.  What I remembered from my previous time tasting one of there products is they are very aggressive with the way they hop the beer and they are true to form with this one as well.  This beer pours a rich mahogany red  color with a surprisingly thin head.  For a beer with an IBU of only 60 it's quite bitter and rough around the edges.  I could go for a little more sweetness to balance out the aggressiveness of the hops.  I did enjoy this product more as it warmed up it became a little less aggressive.  Overall a good product i would try again but not so cold to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment